Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Toying With Ideas

I'm going to open up this blog with an apology, I started this blog with the full intention of it being daily where my social life would allow it, but this is the first real chance I've had to write it. But to be totally honest, I think I prefer to leave it for a couple of days for a few more events to occur.

So where do I start? I've had a fair few appraisals from unlikely sources about the content and writing style of my blog, and one or two criticisms. One of the criticisms particularly stood out, in that the content was a little too "derogatory". Although this wasn't the official word used, it is the word that I would choose to display it as. I would like to clear up at this point that in no way shape or form is the blog aimed at insulting, or offending anyone. Why am I clearing this up? Everyone knows I insult people regularly. Well because I personally don't see how the entry could have been interpreted to be offensive, but I can see from the point of view of an outsider how it may be. So for that reason, I won't be "naming names" or what they've actually done, because some things I'm not comfortable sharing with everyone, so why would the people they're about like it?

Which brings me onto my next point. Of late I find myself insulting people without intending to, and actually realising how. Whether it's just because I'm oblivious to my behaviour, or whether for once I'm not actually in the wrong. The other day I cracked a joke, not particularly offensive, and got bitten in the ear for it. Why? I wish I could tell you. It wasn't a rude, derogatory joke. It wasn't offensive in any way, shape or form, and people concur with my point of view, which is a rarity. Last night I was told by a complete stranger that I was behaving like a complete nob. How? No idea, a girl flicks her drink at me repeatedly and I'm the nob? Well, I am, but again I'm surely not to blame here but yet I find myself in that situation. But then again, I'm not really going to beat myself up about someone I don't know not liking me.

So why am I writing about this anyway? I seem to have found a different side to me of late. Usually one to put a shield around what I'm actually thinking/feeling, I've talked about it of late, mainly to set the stories straight, people not strictly being truthful with what they tell people, but it's made me feel a lot better! Why didn't I try this before? People are noticing the change, maybe I'm just as susceptible to these emotions as other people no matter what shields I try to put up to avoid them.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment/leave feedback wherever.

Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment