Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 December 2011

Mr. Writer

Writing a continuous blog is becoming more and more difficult, I seem to have had no time of late to write and not much inspiration. "Writer's block." But I suppose this is a good thing, as my blog has been described as depressing, me personally described as a moany little bitch (which I am), so surely I should be rejoicing that I have nothing to write about, because it means nothing has gone wrong for me. I guess you're right, things are looking up at the minute. Not that anything good has happened in particular, I just seem to have snapped out of my mood. But if I have nothing to write about, how am I writing another entry? Well it kind of gave me an idea, that I would write about my short time as a writer to date.

To put it shortly, I'm quite enjoying it. I've had a lot of good reviews, with some from unlikely sources so it's hard not to enjoy it really. But what do I enjoy the most? The reviews? No. I'm going to contradict myself later, but the best thing is the freedom to write about whatever I want. I've always had a little soft spot for writing, which is strange because I'm absolutely awful at essays. Unless I get a spot of freedom with them. When I feel free to write about anything I want, I could genuinely write for days. Just like I could talk for days. Maybe this was why journalism was my back up to law when I was first in the UCAS process. But why would I want to do journalism? Journalists don't get freedom to write about whatever they want. Although if anyone has read 'The Sun' I'm sure that point can be very easily argued. My opinion of journalists of late are pretty low aswell, with the whole phone-hacking scandals etc, it opened my eyes a little bit as to how parasitic they really can be. But it's their job.

But back to freedom, and my contradiction. Am I totally free to write about whatever I want? I've learned not. Not through choice, but through conscience. There are certain things that I just don't want everyone reading about my life, and out of respect for others whom it may be about etc, or maybe in fear of pushing them away. Maybe this is why I won't make it as a journalist, I really don't have that ruthless streak required. But I'm still learning about this whole blogging lark, and I'm not by any means saying journalism is the route I plan on following, but this is an experience of my own in the world.

Back to the freedom once again, why if I feel I have the freedom to write about anything do I choose to write about myself? It's a simple concept really, what could I possibly know better? Although sometimes even I don't know what goes on in my head, it seems like a pretty obvious topic. It also feels good to, when I have a problem (earlier blogs) to get it out in the open and not have to put up with the ridiculously clichéd advice that is so inevitable from some people such as "everything happens for a reason". That's great, but who does it make feel better, really? Not that I'm not grateful to people who have been there etc, but some things you just wanna talk about and someone to listen. And I have my blog for that.

That's all for today, thanks again for reading and sorry it took so long to post another entry. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter for regular blog updates at @Tpearson6

Thanks again,

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment